gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] upgrading; 1.4 vs waiting for 2.x

From: Dan Parsons
Subject: [Gluster-devel] upgrading; 1.4 vs waiting for 2.x
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:09:36 -0800

I really need to upgrade to 1.4 or 2.x or whatever it's going to be called ASAP for the io-cache memory leak fix. I was going to do it right away after the holiday break, but now I've read of this 2.x thing. Please answer these two questions for me:

(1) When do you expect 2.0 to be released?

(2) I rely very heavily on the ioc and stripe xlators. I'd also like to consider using the new HA xlator. Are there any known bugs with them in the latest rc? If so, can you please direct me to a web page that has details on them?

Dan Parsons