gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] Choice of Translator question

From: Gareth Bult
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Choice of Translator question
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:53:42 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm using AFR to store a 1Gb database file and if I'm doing this correctly (?)
it only mirrors the file when I shutdown the database server.
i.e. it mirrors on the next file access following a file close .. (?)

What I would "like" it to do is to mirror on a block write .. OR, just to
mirror changed parts of the file.

Is there any way to accomplish this, possibly using the stripe translator ?

I've read through the documentation and spent much time playing around, but am
failing to find the solution I'm looking for.

I'm also running Xen instances mounted on a glusterfs/AFR, same sort of problem
applies although this is less critical .. mirror only happens when I close down
the instance .. when I restart the instance it completes a "heal" and copies
the entire disk image before continuing.

Can anyone help / explain ?

Regards,
Gareth.