gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] two disks on each node.

From: Amar S. Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] two disks on each node.
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:15:32 +0530

you can do this instead,
====================
server spec: (write proper type option and other things)

volume brick1
  option directory /export # the '/' partition
end-volume

volume brick2
 option directory /glusterfs/export # disk reserved for glusterfs
end-volume

volume ns-local
 option directory /glusterfs/ns-local
end-volume

volume unify
 option scheduler rr # or alu
 option namespace ns-local
 subvolumes brick1 brick2
end-volume

volume ns
 option directory /glusterfs/ns
end-volume

volume server
 subvolumes ns unify
 # export 'unify' and 'ns'
 . . . . . .
end-volume
=================

client spec:

volume client-local
 remote-host localhost
 remote-subvolume unify
end-volume

volume client[1-n]
..
..
..
volume ns
 remote-host IP
 remote-subvolume ns
end-volume

volume unify
 option scheduler nufa
 option nufa.local-volume-name client-local
 option namespace ns
 subvolumes client-local client[1-n]
end-volume

volume writebehind

volume iocache

Hope this works better and simple for you..

-amar