gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] Help me make a configuration file

From: Tsukasa Morii
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Help me make a configuration file
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:11:03 +0900

Hi,

Please help me make a configuration file which meets the following
specification. I could't understand if it is feasible with glusterfs, even
though I spent a lot of time on it.

[SITUATION]
There are four servers named SERVER_1, SERVER_2, SERVER_3, and SERVER_4.
There're also a few clients and each client unifies bricks exported
from the servers.(One unified volume is made up at the client side)
Name space of the unified volume is maintained on SERVER_1.

In addition to the configuration above, I'd like to add two more
functions.

<1> The name space on SERVER_1 is replicated to Server_2 for the purpose
of redundancy by using a configuration file on client side.

<2> All data written on the unified volume is copied to a different
server by using a configuration file on server side.

e.c.
Data_A written on SERVER_1 is copied to SERVER_2.
Data_B written on SERVER_2 is copied to SERVER_3.
Data_C written on SERVER_3 is copied to SERVER_4.
Data_D written on SERVER_4 is copied to SERVER_1.
[All data is maintained on two servers for redundancy.]