[Glug-nith-discuss] Fwd: Package reviews

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Fwd: Package reviews
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:21:49 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rahul Sundaram <address@hidden>
Date: 2008/7/23
Subject: Re: Package reviews
To: "\"Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)\"" <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, The Fedora Project Community in India
<address@hidden>, Parag Nemade <address@hidden>

Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ) wrote:

> Debarshi Ray wrote:
>>
>> So in keeping with last Sunday's discussion, lets start trading
>> reviews with each other.
>
> I'd love to see a set of Packaging 101 IRC session(s) aka virtual classrooms.
> We have a fair number of packagers in place now. Investing time into creating
> a newer bunch is thus called for.
>
> So, who is taking this up ?

Tentatively(confirmed unless opposed), 3:00 to 4:30 PM (1 hour
walkthrough + half an hour for Q/A), 28th July, Monday in
#fedora-india, freenode IRC channel. If folks are attending, get a
Fedora 9 system atleast in a VM and we can get started. I am looking
at fonts as examples since they are easy enough to get started with:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Font_wishlist

The currently confirmed participants include, Me (Rahul Sundaram),
Debarishi Ray, Kushal Das, Pravin Satpute, Rahul Bhalerao, Krishnababu
Krothapalli, Sandeep Shedmake, Parag Nemade and others. I will send
announcements to invite more people.

I encourage everyone to attend. Even if you are completely new to
packaging, you should be able to follow the conversations. We will
post the meeting logs/mins later on.

See you all in #fedora-india.

Rahul