[Glug-nith-discuss] Announcement: Annual Programming Competition of GLUG

From: Arjun Shankar
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Announcement: Annual Programming Competition of GLUG-NITH, "a.out"
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:56:42 +0530

Hi all,

We have decided to hold a programming contest as an annual event (to
be held every odd semester) at GLUG-NITH.

We plan to hold the first edition of a.out some time in October this semester.

All of you back in the institute can sit together and decide when
exactly you want to hold it. If you have suggestions, please go right
ahead and make them.

Prizes will definitely be big, and in cash. Now, onto the rules for
the coming event:

1. Participation will be in teams of 1 or 2.
2. There will be two rounds, a prelims written, and a final hands-on.
3. There will be elimination after the prelims, and scores will not
carry forward.
4. All questions in the prelims and final will be in pure ANSI C, and
must compile cleanly on gcc.

(For those who know C, but don't understand what this means, we will
conduct a workshop on GCC/GDB/Make very soon)

5. The final round will be judged by a judge program (i.e. not a human
being), so the decision is not up to us at all.

Further rules will be given before the event itself.

Here are the contributors who have volunteered as of now :
1. Question papers: me and Rakesh Pandit.
2. The judge program: Debarshi Ray.
3. Coordinators: Vivek Shah and Divya Sharma.
4. Cash: me, Rakesh, Debarshi and Manu.

Anyone interested in contributing in any of the first three categories
may please apply to Vivek. If you want to contribute money, send a
mail to Debarshi with a CC to me.

Any and every sentence written above is subject to change (except for
the fact that we will be giving away money ;)), so please feel free to
send in suggestions or changes you would like to see.

Regards,
Arjun, Debarshi, Manu and Rakesh