Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding latest status on Software Freedom Day

From: Rakesh Pandit
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding latest status on Software Freedom Day in College
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:15:15 +0530

Hello,

> What you say is true that we are running a very short session on Python and
> GCC/Make/GDB but to be honest we are planning the prizes on the criteria that
> whatever we teach in the short time we will give problems based on that. Its
> like a practical tutorial on the lecture that preceded it.

One thing seems to be clear to me now that this is different from the
coming up a.out event. :) No confusion.

Did I already leaked some confidential material. :P

> Sometimes people might not be interested enough to turn up for a lecture.
> Adding
> a bit of competition might just add a bit more of enthusiasm both to the event
> as well as to the hands-on tutorial sessions.

Yes, but then you also have a choice to make the atmosphere last for
one week and announce some prizes for that event which depends upon
this workshop.

And you can attract more people with some other common things such as
stickers, some refreshment or other ways. May be by announcing that
other weekend big prize depends upon this very workshop.

I am just suggesting. This way people get some food for thought and
time to look here and there on resources. And it does not give any one
advantage as everyone gets lot of time.

--
Regards
Rakesh