Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] basic need

From: Arjun Shankar
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] basic need
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:24:18 +0530

>  ya the same direct connection without proxy,but never worked.

>  Dialup because using it without the software is not possible thats why
>  i asked about that,not every one use broadband connection.Its might
>  help in future, not many of them know how to use.

Sagar, I think you have us confused here! :)

You plug your computer to the internet using a normal LAN cable, right?
If so, there must be an IP address, DNS Server, and Gateway given by your
ISP. If not, then ask for it. They will either give you these, or tell you to
use DHCP (in which case, you just need to use DHCP. No setting of IP
parameters is needed. DHCP takes care of it, and you get IP address etc,
automatically).

Now, coming to the problem with dial-up connections. People normally use a
program called wvdial. If you have an ISP which gives you dial-up, you
probably need to google with the name of the ISP and the type of modem (for
example, I googled with something like "wvdial Tata Indicom Huawei Linux" for
my connection) to find out how to connect. (wvdial is the program I told you
about, on the phone when you called me, by the way)

Hope that helps.

Arjun
--
GPG Key ID: 30115100