Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] apt-get error

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] apt-get error
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 05:22:56 +0530

2)Use Terminal add the http thing before using apt-get.
I forgot that thing i hope manu will type those http lines before to
start of apt-get

I think Divya was talking about "404 page not found error".
this http thing you are talking about, is related with "407 proxy
authentication error", as far as i remember.

Nice point. What does apt-get use to dwonload the stuff? I know YUM
uses Wget, so Wget should know about the proxy through the http_proxy
variable for YUM to work. If apt-get uses some downloader like Wget
then, my guess is that, we need to set the http_proxy variable.
Otherwise it will not be able to locate the remote resource and give
error 404. Error 47 will happen when the proxy's IP:port are correct
and wrong username or password has been given.

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7