Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] problem with edgy

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] problem with edgy
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:38:52 +0530

On 24/01/07, Manu G.V <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
   Some people in Final year who all had installed edgy had a keyboard
problem. Problems like in vi editor 'insert' key and many others didn't
work(which is a great problem) and even <control><Tab> in firefox didn't
work. It really create problems in many other cases also. That is why we
chose to install dapper 64bit instead of edgy(though we had edgy 64bit DVD)
in computer center. I had this problem,  and even ravinder, Amol and Gb had
this problem.

The main reason for ordering the CDs would not be for the established
GNU/Linux users in the college. Since we have run out of stamped
Dapper Drake CDs, we need something to replace them in order to
distribute to newcomers. Since there is a recent surge in the number
of Ubuntu users, this is important to capture the imagination of these
new entrants. I am not so much worried about the older users since
they can easily play around with various distributions and figure out
what works best for them.

If anyone has successfully installed Edgy please inform as that might become
the deciding factor to order cds.

One of the system administrators I spoke to in Bombay claims to have
successfully put Edgy Eft on one of his servers, while on the other
hand Dr. Nagarjuna is planning to roll back to Dapper Drake from his
Edgy upgrade. I am going to meet one Ubuntu India developer in the
next few days. I am planning to thrash out all these issues with him.

Bye,
Debarshi
--
After the game the king and the pawn go into the same box.
               -- Italian proverb