glob2-ideas

Re: [Glob2-ideas] Banner4Glob2

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [Glob2-ideas] Banner4Glob2
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 21:39:43 +0100

> Yesterday while messaging with Stéphane, I've got the should-be-silly
> idea of preparing an image for linking external websites to
> Globulation2.org. It's very simple image, I'm quite a new user and it's only
> a purposal.
>
> I think that the more players we are, the most intersting is the game
> (the most efficent is testing, bug reporting, ideas, help,...).
>
> I'll put an example on www.federicomassi.net this evening; if it's ok I'd
> like to have [(comments)|(suggestions)|(bleah!)] before resizing and
> restyling.

Looks good!
I like the idea that the glob is on a torus.

I'll make some suggestions, but I don't know how hard they are to do.
So feel free to ignore them.
1. The same png also with different colors.  So that you can choose
   which one will look best on your website.
2. Increase 3D impression by adding shadows and or bending the text
   along the front or rear half of the torus.
3. Don't overdo it.  Keep it simple.  It already looks good.

--
Kai Antweiler