Re: [glob2-devel] Urgent call for action

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Urgent call for action
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 09:24:11 +0200

Hi Leo,

YOG is broken seriously and I had to permanently switch it off until somebody
fixes it.
I have no time to take care of it now. At least not much.

Actually glob2 seems to crash 10 times per minute producing 3MB of core dumps
each crash. Not only will I run out of any disc space in no time like that I
also assume that playing was not possible the past days.
I have core dumps if anybody wants to analyze.
I assume we could fire it up by just deleting the user and/or map db but I don't
know exactly how that would work.

Is YOG compiled with debug info? What does
        gdb yogexecutable core
shows? To analyze, as far as I know, one needs the core and the binary.

Could it be that some quota was exceeded and that some write operation fails? It it strange that the whole system collapses after years of reliable use.

Hope somebody is willing to take the task and actually I would prefere if
"somebody" would also take the hosting :/

I understand. Anyone around with some server capacity to host yog?

Have a nice day,

Stéph

--
Dr Stéphane Magnenat