[glob2-devel] more SCons questions

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] more SCons questions
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:37:32 +0200

Hi,

I'm looking at diverse SConstruct towards the goal of building the deb. Yet
there is undocumented code whose reason of existance is not obvious for me:
- in main SConstruct, why does PackTar have case for files beginning with "/",
this does not happen in glob2?
- why is "dist" and "install" targets considered together? I imagine that it
is to iterate on files only once but that reduce readability, specially
because there is a test in PackTar to exclude the non "dist" case.
- path seems to be concatenated by hand, shouldn't we use os.path.join() ?
- top level script is named SConstruct, while branch ones are call SConscript,
is it a normal convention?

It would be very good if people who wrote glob2 scons scripts could answer
those questions/cleanup/document a bit the scripts.

I plan to write the debian target using a PackDeb function, which puts the
files in deb/..., then creates the control file and call dpkg-deb,, in the
idea of what is explained here:
http://www.qandr.org/quentin/writings/debscons.html

Thanks, have a nice daiy,

Steph