Re: [glob2-devel] Rejoin the team

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Rejoin the team
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 03:16:41 +0200

On Saturday 27 October 2007 17:39:39 Leo Wandersleb wrote:
> COfundOS.org

Thanks a lot to everyone who are willing to pay to make Glob2 go forward, and
of course thanks a lot to all the contributors that have done so much for
free.

Yet we should not forget that Glob2 is a game, and as such has much more area
that require work than a normal open source programs. We should have good
quality campaigns, campaign specific elements (the famous wild animals for
instance). I think Wesnoth, for instance, performs fine because their engine
is simpler so they have more force for the rest.

Speaking about Wesnoth, I've had a look at their help code, because I think
that an in-game live guide for Glob2 would be cool. They are using a sort-of
xml (wml) to describe help. This is nice. We should have the same, with a
live search bar instead of the left tree menu. What do you think?

Have a nice day,

Steph