Re: [glob2-devel] scons and deb

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scons and deb
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 11:08:11 -0400

On 10/27/07, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I've just had a look at how we can build the deb package from scons. There is
some suggestions on the net, such as:
http://www.qandr.org/quentin/writings/debscons.html

If we could get the list of file from the install target, it would be very
nice, but I'm afraid that  env.Install(...) physically install file and does
not build a map. One solution could be to build a map instead of calling
env.Install, and then either calling it or creating the debian package,
depending on the target.

What does the people who know scons think ?

Steph

Well I figure it must be possible to get the list of files to be installed (a scons script doesn't do anything until its fully executed, no installing or building until after its done), it would likely be allot easier to simply do it your way, replace install with appending to a list, or use our own custom builder, derived from install which does both of adding to a list and using env.Install. This is likely the best option.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.