glob2-announce

[glob2-announce] the new Globulation 2 development version will introduc

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: [glob2-announce] the new Globulation 2 development version will introduce severe incompatibilities with the old versions
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 12:46:35 +0200

The current developmental version of Globulation 2 that will
eventually result in our next stable
release is incompatible in some of its data structures and network
protocols with the old
(the current stable) Globulation 2.

I advise every user of our developmental version (which is currently
in the master branch
of our mercurial repository)  to read the address@hidden mailing list.
An archive can be found here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/

Alternatively I would suggest not to pull new revisions in the coming days.

Users of the current stable versions of Globulation 2 (this includes
all distribution packages and
currently downloadable tarballs, windows-installers, mac-installers )
are not effected, by our
changes - until they update to our upcoming version that will probably
be called 1.0 .

The upcoming release of Globulation 2 will use new protocols for maps, campaigns
and internet game play.
Tools to help to convert old map structure into the new one will be provided.

Further changes are probable.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we assume that this will
result in a better game
and a more pleasant gaming experience.
--
Kai Antweiler