ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2018: processing payments

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2018: processing payments
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 13:03:34 -0400

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Thank you.  How would payments be handled?  On [1] I see that “wire
> transfer” is supported; is this SWIFT/IBAN/BIC or is this a US-specific
> wire transfer method?

We do have a couple of accounts that support SWIFT. Currently they can
accept Euro and GBP.

> As jmd wrote: would we be able to directly access the account statements
> to check without much delay whether an attendant’s fees have been paid?

The account statements, no, since those would have other people's
transactions on them too, but we could notify you when they come in, and
answer inquiries about them quickly M-F (or by arrangement at other
times). Our business operations team handles these things very promptly.

Also if GHM wanted to use our CiviCRM instance to handle registration, I
*believe* that would be possible (need to check with sysadmins), and
that would enable some designated organizer(s) to log in and see
attendee registration status and info. Our staff would then update
statuses there as wire payments come in (and that would enable people to
pay by credit card as well, which would be reflected instantly in their
status).

-john

GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
https://status.fsf.org/johns | https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.