ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] Who is interested in GHM 2017 ??

From: Darshit Shah
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] Who is interested in GHM 2017 ??
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 15:54:22 +0200

* Neal H. Walfield <address@hidden> [160925 15:48]:
On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 12:57:09 +0200,
Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> So.  If you would be willing to pay between 150-180 EUR including food and
> 3 nights accommodation to attend GHM 2017 - "somewhere" in Germany, then
> please respond.

I’m interested.

Also, I think it is completely bizarre to exclude the Linux Hotel from
consideration because of their name, but then to go someplace that
doesn't make large financial donations to the FLOSS community and
actively uses proprietary software.  If we are going to exclude the
Linux Hotel, I demand that we find something morally better.

I second Neal's thoughts on this matter. The support that the Linux Hotel provides to the FLOSS community in general should outweigh the cons of their name.

Also, I am tentatively interested in attending based on the dates (university exams and/or leave from student job) and the location (travel costs).

--
Thanking You,
Darshit Shah