ghm-discuss

[Ghm-discuss] Fw: Re: [FOSDEM-Devrooms] Proposal for Dev Room at FOSDEM

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] Fw: Re: [FOSDEM-Devrooms] Proposal for Dev Room at FOSDEM 2014
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 00:50:36 +0200

Hello,

I've now submitted an initial list of talks to the FOSDEM organisers and
am awaiting their feedback. Please see below and let me know if I missed
anything/anyone out or got anything wrong.

Also, feel free to encourage interested parties to send me/us an idea
for a talk, or send me their name, Spanish Inquisition style, and I'll
get in touch with them to see if they might be interested in offering a
talk.

(I don't currently know how many talks would be appropriate, so we may
somehow have to make a final selection at some point, but I feel that
might be better than not having enough talks… :-)

Best wishes,

Alex

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [FOSDEM-Devrooms] Proposal for Dev Room at FOSDEM 2014 Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 00:46:31 +0200 (27 seconds ago)
Hi Philip,

I've now been able to get together an initial list of talks we'd be
interested in organising in the devroom.

We've had initial confirmations for the following talks:
- MediaGoblin/Programming with Internet Freedom in Mind: Deb Nicholson &
  Chris Webber (current maintainers).
- Hurd & DDE (using Drivers in the Hurd): Samuel Thibault (current maintainer).
- Guix (functional package manager) and its relevance to GNU as a whole
  + packaging workshop?: Ludovic Courtès (maintainer).
- Epsilon & discussions of programming language design (sorry, this
  one's a bit vague for now): Luca Saiu (maintainer).
- Writing Bash Extensions: José Marchesi.
- Guile 2.2 — new compiler and VM: Andy Wingo (maintainer).

We continue to reach out for further talks at this preliminary stage.

I hope this is the kind of information you were looking for. Obviously,
early days and all, but let me know if you need more information.

In the meantime, maybe you could tell me how much time usually would be
given for a devroom (trying to get a picture of the number of
talks/discussions we're aiming for, to make the best use of the devroom
should we be given the opportunity)?

Best wishes,

Alex

--- End Message ---