gforth

Re: [gforth] `cold` fails in Gforth 0.7.9?

From: James Gere
Subject: Re: [gforth] `cold` fails in Gforth 0.7.9?
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 22:40:51 -0400

     Hi, Marcos, et al.,
                                    I can verify that I get the same result (Dictionary Overflow error) on entering " 'cold " into 0.7.920170725 on Android (from the Playstore).  Appearently, the line you cited as ending 'cold isn't reached because of the error.  Verify, by typing:
     -56 (bye)
.
The backtrace leaves us in libcc.fs.  Just guessing, I would say we're overrunning the dictionary by trying to reload the libraries, ie. we don't free up the initial use or maybe don't allow the OS time for the job.
     One thing you may have noted, because 'cold is a kind of "coat-hanger" deferred word, the code for 'cold is spread through the source and has many options.
James