Re: [Getfem-users] something is broken

From: Andriy Andreykiv
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] something is broken
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:22:31 +0100

Found the commit that causes failure of our tests:

SHA-1: 2f7396a46dadad266ba882623d300d1a19e274dc
* Code cleanup and stricter constness
from Konstantinos on 3/3/2019

Konstantinos, Yves, could you have a look at it?
Thanks,
                     Andriy

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 at 14:02, Andriy Andreykiv <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Getfem project,

We started to get convergence problems in our tests after pulling from the latest master.
When pulling from Yves's commit made on 27/2/2019 with SHA-1: 4487cec1aa40728704bf4e4f18b342809944ee0d
and commit message "* two small fixes" everything seemed to work.
The type of a problem that we have is a simple cube compression with finite strain formulation (hence, no contact). With the above
mentioned commit it nicely converges within 8 steps and quadratic convergence, while with the latest master it barely manages to reduce the residual.

I suspect that something changed in the assembly. Several other branches got merged that day.
I tried to run it on 1 and several threads - no difference, hence it's not a thread race.
I will continue checking for the specific commit that fails

Best regards,
                             Andriy