Re: [Getfem-users] slicer_apply_deformation in python interface

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] slicer_apply_deformation in python interface
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:46:22 +0100

Dear Zhenghuai Guo,

In fact getfem::slicer_apply_deformation is more or less an internal  function which is called when a displacement is given in the slice operation and apply the deformation. You can see the explanation in the page http://www.getfem.org/python/cmdref_Slice.html. So if what you need is just to perform a cut of a dmesh deformed with a displacement, you can use the general form

sl = Slice(sliceop, {Slice sl|{Mesh m| MeshFem mf, vec U}, int refine}[, mat CVfids])

where U is the displacement applied to the mesh befor the slicing operation.

Best regards,

Yves