Re: [Getfem-users] Adding an initialized fem data in a hyperelastic prob

From: David Danan
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Adding an initialized fem data in a hyperelastic problem
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 17:22:53 +0200

Dear Kostas,

as promised, please find enclosed the result of the original simulation without the active contraction term.
Also, note that in the end (just to be sure), i had used the routine provided by the benchmark to generate the fiber data (even in my first email), even though i had obtained the same data on my own.

Thanks in advance, once again,
David.

Dear Yves, Dear Kostas

thanks for the simplification, i was looking for this notation.

Sure, i had to decrease the internal pressure (15kPa to 4 kPa) to reach convergence in both cases with the classical newton solver (and i fear the continuation method might take some time, even if it converges) so, meanwhile if it helps, please find enclosed the solution obtained with the contraction term decreased by the same amount (60kPa to 16kPa) (Fibre_f4Ta16.vtk) and without it (Fibre_f4Ta0.vtk).

Find also enclosed the simulation with the contraction term (Fibre_f4Ta60.vtk) where the active constrained is the same as in my first email, just the internal pressure was decreased.

Thanks in advance,
best regards,
David.

Dear David,

Could you also send us a result of your simulation without the active contraction term, only with internal pressure? This is to estimate how large is the contribution of T_a compared to the contribution of the applied pressure p.

Best regards
Kostas