[Getfem-users] Delaunay triangulation of level set cut mesh

From: Wen Jiang
Subject: [Getfem-users] Delaunay triangulation of level set cut mesh
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 08:44:50 -0700

Hi,

I am interested in how getfem++ uses the qhull library to do the triangulation of the mesh which is cut by a level set function. I have two questions,

1. In 3D, the crack front could terminate within the element and it is easy to know which element contains the crack front based on the level set functions. But it is not clear to me how to use qhull in conjunction with level set function to do the sub-triangulation. Does getfem need to find the points along the crack front somehow from the level set function?

2. Getfem can integrate quantities along the interface (3D is surface, 2D is line). Where does getfem store these surfaces/lines that are generated from triangulation by qhull?

Thanks,
Wen