Re: [Getfem-users] second derivatives of shape function

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] second derivatives of shape function
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 08:50:28 +0100

Dear Wen,

The second derivative of the shape functions on the reference element are provided by a fem object by the method "hess_base_value" (see src/getfem/getfem_fem.h). For polynomial fems, it is computed symbolically (still see src/getfem/getfem_fem.h). At assembly step, these value are computed on each gauss point and stored (fem_precomp structure) such that the computation is done only one for each type of finite element method and each quadrature method. On the real elements, the second derivative of shape function is computed by the method "hess_base_value" of the object "fem_interpolation _context".

Best regards,

Yves