Re: [Getfem-users] GMM++ and Lapack Linking Problem

From: Nick Cummings
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] GMM++ and Lapack Linking Problem
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:09:47 -0500

I notice that the GMM++ documentation makes explicit mention of using libg2c when using Lapack with GMM++ (see for example http://download.gna.org/getfem/html/homepage/gmm/blas_interface.html).  I think that the appropriate library to use there may depend on the compiler that was used to compile liblapack.  For example, on Ubuntu 12.04.1 (precise), I find

$ ldd /usr/lib/

liblapack.so | grep 'gfortran\|g2c'
libgfortran.so.3 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgfortran.so.3 (0x00007f117acbb000)

so I would think that libgfortran would be the appropriate library to use rather than libg2c.  Is that correct, or is it the case that for some reason libg2c must be used with GMM++?

Thanks,

Nick