[Getfem-users] Gmm++ problem with superlu interface.

From: Dawid Midura
Subject: [Getfem-users] Gmm++ problem with superlu interface.
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 12:12:40 -0400

Hi all,

I have the following code that gives me trouble:

  typedef gmm::wsvector<std::complex<double> > complex_sparse_wvector;
  typedef gmm::col_matrix<complex_sparse_wvector> complex_sparse_wmatrix;

  complex_sparse_wvector F(N);
  complex_sparse_wmatrix K(N,N);
  // Assemble stiffness matrix K, and load vector F.
  double condition;
  vector<complex<double> > U(N);
  gmm::SuperLU_solve(K, U, F, condition);

I compile with appropriate flags for superlu, when I run the code I get the following:

|      An error has been detected !!!      |
Error in /usr/include/gmm/gmm_superlu_interface.h, line 244 :
SuperLU solve failed: info=-2

From what I have read about SuperLU, info=-2 means that there is a problem with the second argument the the SuperLU_gssvx which is matrix K in the SuperLU format SuperMatrix, I am not using getfem to assemble K or F, I have written my own procedures to do that. I know K is not singular, when I make my assembly procedures work with dense matrices and vectors I don't have any problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dawid M.