Re: [Getfem-users] GetFEM program

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] GetFEM program
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 11:10:29 +0200

Dear Danilo,

The definition of the region 10 is in fact inapropriate. Your definition

m.set_region(10,m.faces_from_cvid(m.cvid()))

means that you include faces of elements (edges in 2D), not elements
themselves. The result is that the elliptic term is indeed integrated on
edges, not on elements. And of course it makes a difference. You can define
your
region as follows

domain = m.cvid()
m.set_region(10, [domain, domain*0-1])

Indeed, a -1 is needed (0 for the matlab interface) to specify that the
element itself is added. This is not very satisfactory. I think, I will modify
the set_region method in order to be able to write m.set_region(10, m.cvid()).

Thank you for your report,

Yves.

--

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.87.08
  Pole de Mathematiques, INSA-Lyon             fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29

---------