[Getfem-users] coupling PDEs with linear terms

From: Alice Nicolas
Subject: [Getfem-users] coupling PDEs with linear terms
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:04:39 +0200

Dear getfem users,

I have a very beginner's question.
I am trying to solve a system of 2 PDE (variables u and p) that are coupled through linear terms. As a crude example, Eq(1): Laplacian(u)=p, Eq (2): Laplacian(p)=x, and boundary conditions. I figured out that I need to add an explicit term to the tangent system in order to account for the linear term -p in Eq (1). Is it the correct way of tackling this problem? Would someone have some example of programming such coupling of PDE (or of the declaration of the matrix and the use of the add_explicit_matrix brick in case I am correct)?

Thank you very much for your invaluable help!!
Best regards,
Alice Nicolas