[Getfem-users] Solving truss structure in GetFEM++ (via Python)

From: Roman Putanowicz
Subject: [Getfem-users] Solving truss structure in GetFEM++ (via Python)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 02:27:56 +0100

Dear All,

It was said couple of times on this list that
GetFEM++ is not the best suited tool for solving
truss or frame problems in structural mechanics.

Nevertheless it can be done. Recently I have
written a Python script for GetFEM++ which
solves a simple truss (with a little twist
of the API).

As this might be of interest to others I have
attached the script and results to this post.

Any comments are welcome.

Regards,

Roman
--
Roman Putanowicz, PhD  < address@hidden  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)