[Getfem-users] GMM++ and Visual Studio 2008

From: Danesh Daroui
Subject: [Getfem-users] GMM++ and Visual Studio 2008
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 23:23:44 +0200

Hi,

I have recently ported our code written with GMM++ to 64-bit system and
recompiled the code in Visual Studio 2008. The weird thing is that when
I run the code, GMM++ function compiled with Visual Studio 2008
has extremely poor performance comparing to the old 32-bit code compiled
with MingW on Windows. I also compiled the code with Intel C++ Compiler
11.1 in Visual Studio 2008, and the performance of GMM++
functions were still very very low and they worked very slow. What is
the reason? I thought, maybe the GMM++ code is suited to be compiled
with gcc, but in the web site it is stated that the code is compatible with
Intel C++ Compiler 8.0. Has anybody had same experience?

Thanks,

D.