Re: [Getfem-users] RT0 and Nedelec vs. Whitney 1 and 2-forms

From: Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] RT0 and Nedelec vs. Whitney 1 and 2-forms
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 01:51:13 +0200

Thanks Ronan, that is very interesting. I checked the source file getfem_fem.cc, around lines 1300-1320 where the computation of the Nedelec basis functions for the reference element is done, but could find no such division by an edge length.

At that point in the source code I did not find any code that describes how this is converted to the actual tetrahedron element (not the reference), but I'm sure I'll find it somewhere :-)

I'll also do some tests by multiplying the GetFEM edge basis mass matrix elements by the corresponding edge lengths to see if I get the same results as I get when manually calculating mass matrix elements from the definitions of the Whitney 1-form basis that I mentioned in the first email.

Thanks again for that very useful info!

Torquil