Re: [Getfem-users] virtual_fem C++ question

From: Roman Putanowicz
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] virtual_fem C++ question
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 12:58:29 +0200

> Dear Roman,
>
> I don't understand well your question. This method return the list of finite
> element nodes on the reference element. The fact that it is virtual and the
> that it takes a parameter which is the element number is because some finite
> element methods (interpolation, Xfem) have different nodes on different
> elements.
>
> Regards,
>
> Yves.
Dear Yves,

Thank you for your explanation. You are right, the question wasn't precise.
I was puzzled not by the fact that the function is virtual but that
it has unused parameter. In my study of GetFEM I haven't touched so
far more advanced mesh_fem objects and saw only this function called with
parameter equal 0, thus the confusion.

Regards,

Roman

--
Roman Putanowicz, PhD  < address@hidden  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)