[Getfem-users] solvers won't solve

From: Michael . Walker
Subject: [Getfem-users] solvers won't solve
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:11:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hello again,
I've been poking around the workings of the python interface and found
that the solvers that getfem couldn't find aren't supported by getfem,
which is fine but those it can find
a) just won't solve a simple diffusion equation
b) but solve it without difficulty on a colleague's computer. The main
differences between his system and mine are 1) numarray on his and numpy
on mine (yes I did make the necessary changes to the import statement) and
2) ubuntu on his and fedora on mine.

I have yet to verify if the solvers work outside of getfem, but in the
meantime, does anyone have any ideas about what may cause a solver to
fail?

superlu - fails to solve and program crashes with error 'SuperLU failed to
solve info=9
cg/ildlt - doesn't crash but doesn't solve either
gmres/ilu[t[p]] - program hangs

Michael Walker

Plant Modelling Group
CIRAD, Montpellier