[Getfem-users] gmsh, getFem, regions

From: Umut Tabak
Subject: [Getfem-users] gmsh, getFem, regions
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:01:35 +0200

Dear all,

I checked the mailing list and the documentation of the import_mesh.cc for an import operation in getFem.

I am a bit confused about the msh import from gmsh, more specifically on the import of the physical regions. I am also trying to check from the source code but could not find the answer yet. I have defined my physical volume and surface in gmsh and marked them as 1 and 2 respectively, but when I use the import_mesh function, I can see with a simple check like: by taking into account also, directly from import_mesh.h

  /* For a mesh of dimension N, getfem builds a mesh with the
     convexes listed in the gmsh file whose dimension are N, the
     convexes of dim N-1 are used to tag "region" of faces,
     according to their gmsh "physical region number" (physical
     region number 'n' is mapped to the getfem region '1000+n'), and
     the convexes of lower dimension are ignored.
  */

  if(mshGmsh.has_region(1)){
    std::cout << "The mesh has region 1 defined" << std::endl;
  }
  if(mshGmsh.has_region(1002)){
    std::cout << "The mesh has region 2 defined" << std::endl;
  }

I only have region 1, the volume, what am I missing for region 2, the face(or 1002 in getFem mapping)?

Best regards,
Umut