Re: [Getfem-users] Position dependent elliptic problem

From: Arvind Ajoy
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Position dependent elliptic problem
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:44:16 +0530

Hi Mattia

I remember a similar question was posted sometime back. I have
located the solution given then.

Please access https://mail.gna.org/public/getfem-users/2008-10/msg00003.html
for a description of the problem, and its solution.

Regards
Arvind

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Mattia Assanelli <address@hidden> wrote:
A(x) for me isn't a function, but a vector...

Arvind Ajoy ha scritto:
> Hi Mattia,
>
> Try the following to set A = cos(pi*x) in a 1-D problem.
>
> A = gf_mesh_fem_get(MFU, 'eval', {'cos(pi * x)'});
>
> Arvind
>

> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Mattia Assanelli
> <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     Good morning everybody,
>     first of all I'd like to thank people reading and suggesting solutions
>     in this list: I always found a solution for my trivial problems!
>     I have to set a position dependent 'A' parameter in a 'generic
>     elliptic'
>     problem. I think I have to use this function and pass the 'A'
>     parameter
>     as 'V'.
>
>     gf_mdbrick_set
>     <http://download.gna.org/getfem/doc/getfem_matlab/gfm_40.html#gfmdbrickset>(b,'param',
>     name, MF,V | V) : change the value of a brick parameter. V should
>     contain the new parameter value. If a meshfem is given , V should hold
>     the field values over that meshfem (i.e. its last dimension should be
>     gf_mesh_fem_get
>     <http://download.gna.org/getfem/doc/getfem_matlab/gfm_33.html#gfmeshfemget>(MF,'nbdof')
>
>     But my question is: "How to format this matrix? V"
>
>     Thanks a lot Mattia

Mattia Assanelli
Ph.D. Student
Politecnico di Milano
Dipartimento di Elettronica ed Informazione
Phone:  +39 02 2399 3735
Mail:   address@hidden
Address:Via Golgi, 40 - 20133 Milano - Italy