[Getfem-users] Abnormal (?) results in elastostatic test?

From: Artur Poźniak
Subject: [Getfem-users] Abnormal (?) results in elastostatic test?
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 01:46:08 +0100

Dear Developers, Users,

I've noticed (ploting with mayavi (1, 2) and paraview) that results of ./elastostatic in tests/ seem a bit strange to me. In elastostatic.cc one reads - ,,Neumann boundary on upper face, Dirichlet elsewhere``. I would expect lower, right and left face unchanged, while only few points remain constrained. I would be pleased if somebody would explain in few words what is the meaning of FT parameter, which affects the solution.
I would appreciate any, even the simpliest checked, workin source file dealing

Thanks in advance
Artur Pozniak