Re: [Getfem-users] Error in compilation of getfem++

From: julien pommier
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Error in compilation of getfem++
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:06:57 +0200

LUK ShunTim wrote:

julien pommier wrote:
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/getfem/_getfem.so:
undefined symbol: _ZN3dal20dump_glibc_backtraceEv
</quote>

Oh, very strange. In your getfem++ src directory, there should be a
"getfem_arch_config.h" file, can you look at it and tell me if it
contains
#define GETFEM_HAVE_BACKTRACE  1
?
Yes.

I don't understand... If you put "#define GETFEM_HAVE_BACKTRACE 1" at
the top of the file src/dal_backtrace.cc (and make getfem++, then
getfem-interface) does it fix the problem ?

--
julien

Yes. It did! All 3 python demos now work. Would you want me to send you
the config.log?
Yes, please, I'll have a look at it because we didn't really solve the issue :) Can you also run "locate getfem_arch_config.h" just to see if you have more than one copy of this file on your hardrive ?

--
julien