getfem-check

[Getfem-check] The solution of a scientific task with your library

From: Victor Nachev
Subject: [Getfem-check] The solution of a scientific task with your library
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 03:02:42 +0300

Good day!

My name is Victor Nachev. I am PhD student at Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology. I am faced with the scientific task of building 3D mechanical rock model with dimensions 30x30x60 mm which consists of grains with different minerals and grain's geometry close to the real like in nature and dimensions about 10-1000 nm. After building the model I need to fill grains with their mechanical properties and boundary conditions and study propagation of mechanical fractures in the model in tests with different types of loading.

My questions are the next:

1.Does your library allow to build a 3D mechanical model with 1-100 millions cells?

2. Does your library allow to assign mechanical properties and boundary conditions to each cell?

2.1. If the answer "yes" in the question 2, what mechanical properties and boundary conditions are needed for your library to initialize a model?

3. Does your library can build a mesh for such model?

4. Does your library allow to do different tests such as compression and tensile tests?

5. Does your library allow to calculate fracture propagation in such model?

Thank you for the prompt answer.

Best regards, Victor.