geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Feature request: preserve point in geiser-set-scheme

From: Christopher Howard
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Feature request: preserve point in geiser-set-scheme
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 16:20:41 -0900

Hi, I'm still getting the same behavior after trying a few different
things:

- I installed commit c3bc099.
- I tried other schemes when running geiser-set-scheme
- I tried running emacs with -nw -q and running (require 'geiser-
install) manually, to avoid complications from my .emacs file.
- I tried creating a new file and putting a few toy expressions in it,
but no actual define statements.

I all cases, running geiser-set-scheme jumps to just after the first
parenthesis of the last top-level expression.

I am quite curious what would happen if I switched to emacs-25, but I
wasn't sure if it was worth it to me to go to the trouble of compiling
and installing a whole new version of emacs. What emacs are you
running?

--
https://u.fsf.org/user-liberation