geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Noob question: "no such language" objcode

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Noob question: "no such language" objcode
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 00:00:11 +0200

Hi Christopher,

On Fri, Aug 18 2017, Christopher Howard wrote:

> Hi, I am new to guile and to geiser. I am running emacs and geiser from
> Debian stretch. However, I am using guile-2.2 which I installed from
> source code, instead of the 2.0 version in Stretch. I open a *.scm
> guile file, and then "Set Scheme..." to Guile, and then Switch to REPL
> (to start a Guile REPL). Then if I go back to the *.scm buffer, and run
>  "Eval sexp before point", or any of the eval functions, I only get
> error
>
> ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
> ERROR: no such language objcode
>
>            0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no such language"
> objcode) #f)
>
> I would appreciate some guidance.

This might be some kind of incompatibility with guile's 2.2 branch.
I guess compiling the scm file first with C-c C-k is one the eval
functions you've also tried... Do things work for you with guile 2.0?
If guile 2.2 is released we'll need to fix this as soon as possible!

Cheers,
jao
--
They say when you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear satanic
messages...but that's nothing, if you play it forward it will install