geiser-users

[Geiser-users] Noob question: "no such language" objcode

From: Christopher Howard
Subject: [Geiser-users] Noob question: "no such language" objcode
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 19:46:24 -0800

Hi, I am new to guile and to geiser. I am running emacs and geiser from
Debian stretch. However, I am using guile-2.2 which I installed from
source code, instead of the 2.0 version in Stretch. I open a *.scm
guile file, and then "Set Scheme..." to Guile, and then Switch to REPL
(to start a Guile REPL). Then if I go back to the *.scm buffer, and run
 "Eval sexp before point", or any of the eval functions, I only get
error

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
ERROR: no such language objcode

           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no such language"
objcode) #f)

I would appreciate some guidance.