geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] doc buffers

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] doc buffers
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 04:16:32 +0200

hello,

On Sat, Jul 16 2016, Catonano wrote:

> hello
>
> the Geiser website says that you can open a documentation buffer on
> the symbol at point with C-c C-d C-d
>
> And then you can close it pressing "q"
>
> Well, when I press "q" a q appears in the documentation buffer and the doc
> buffer stays there
>
> With C-x k it kills the whole source code buffer I had started from !

what is happening is that the contents of the doc buffer is being
inserted in your scm file instead of in a separate buffer (for what i
see, i think, in the modeline).  i suppose you can actually edit the
buffer, delete portions of it, etc.  that's probably a bug in 0.8.1,
which is getting too old: i seem to remember fixing something of the
sort a couple months ago.

is it possible for you to try with a git version of geiser? perhaps via
melpa?

jao
--
A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming, is
not worth knowing.