geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] guile debugging?

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] guile debugging?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 21:49:49 +0100

Hi Lawrence,

On Fri, Oct 31 2014, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting guile's gds installed and running. I keep gettingĀ
>
> error in process filter: Wrong type argument: listp, Backtrace: [2 times]
>
> Docs say I should have the three gds...el files in guile's "load
> path". But apparently I don't know how to do this properly.
>
> BTW, if gds is not the way to go, can anyone suggest a different way
> to debug guile inside of geiser/emacs?

gds is a totally separate package that actually predates geiser, and i
haven't used it, so i'm afraid i cannot help with the errors above (i'm
not even sure gds is maintained anymore, but i don't really know).

the debugging story in geiser is not specially good.  basically, geiser
notices that the debugger integrated in guile's REPL has been entered
and tries not to interfere, so that you can use all the usual ,-commands
in a geiser/guile REPL, but nothing else (e.g., one cannot set
breakpoints directly in an emacs scheme buffer or things like that).

hopefully the situation will improve in future versions of geiser, and
the objective is something a la gds, but we're not there yet.

cheers,
jao
--
Some stories are true that never happened.
 -Elie Wiesel, writer, Nobel laureate (b. 1928)