geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Preliminary Scsh support is up and running

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Preliminary Scsh support is up and running
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 04:47:49 +0100

Hi Richard,

On Thu, Jan 09 2014, Richard Loveland wrote:

> Hey fellow Geiser fans,
>
> I've gotten Geiser and Scsh (the Scheme shell) talking.

Excellent!  Stealing slime48's code to create something like this had
been in my long-term TODO list since forever, and i'm very glad to see
someone beating me at it...

> There's still quite a bit left to do (for example all of the
> jump-to-source-related functionality), but a fair amount is working,
> including symbol and module completions.  There's at least enough
> there to hack on Scsh's Geiser support in Geiser now, which is cool.

Indeed :) Scheme48/Scsh are the only schemes i know (other than Racket
and Guile) that can support virtually all Geiser commands (but then i
don't know other implementations as well as these ones).

> Working on it here, if anyone's interested in such a thing:
>
> https://github.com/rmloveland/geiser-scsh

I'll see to give it a try during the next few days, and will keep an eye
on it for sure.  The code looks good overall, and i'm very happy to see
you took the time to study and understand Geiser's mostly undocumented
implementation details.

Please feel free to ask any questions about Geiser's implementation or
send suggestions here, to me or in the issue tracker, and i'll do my
best to help!

Cheers,
jao
--
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
 -Thomas Carlyle, writer (1795-1881)