geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Help associating source and REPL - "No prompt found!"

From: Jon Miller
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Help associating source and REPL - "No prompt found!"
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:48:00 -0800

address@hidden writes:

> Jon, i think the problem is probably with the installation using the
> el-get recipe.  If all it does is making a checkout of the git repo in
> <path-to-geiser>, you need to add the following code to your .emacs (or
> similar):
>
>   (load-file "<path-to-geiser>/elisp/geiser.el")
>
> and you do *not* have to (require 'geiser) anywhere in your config.
>
> The problems you're seeing with the prompt regexp not being set are due
> just to the appropriate geiser elisp files not being loaded.
I don't *think* el-get installed it incorrectly. I don't have to use any
load-file command to get geiser loaded. The regexp variable *was* set, but I
found that I needed to alter it to work with the prompt that racket was
providing. Perhaps I'm running a newer version of DrRacket than you've seen
yet?

> (I haven't had time to have a look at el-get yet, and don't really know
> a good way to fix it, but i think the above should work, which is
> basically following the instructions to install from source:
> http://www.nongnu.org/geiser/geiser_2.html#From-the-source_0027s-mouth).
Before I respond again, I'll give this method a try over the el-get installed
version[1].

Thanks,
--
Jon Miller