geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Using geiser with other schemes

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Using geiser with other schemes
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 00:27:08 +0100

On Sun, Nov 10 2013, Răzvan Rotaru wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use geiser with other schemes? How?

By writing support code for the other schemes.  Geiser tries to provide
a more or less generic framework for adding new schemes, but that needs
to write support code in both scheme and elisp (examples are
geiser-guile.el or geiser-racket.el for elisp and the code in the
'scheme' tree in Geiser's distribution).  The elisp side should be very
easy; typically the hard part is the scheme side, because Geiser relies
on the scheme interpreter to provide most of the information it needs
(source locations, scoped identifiers, documentation strings, etc.).

Cheers,
jao
--
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something
from him. -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)