geiser-users

[Geiser-users] Running racket tests in geiser

From: Garjola
Subject: [Geiser-users] Running racket tests in geiser
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 17:28:33 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to use Geiser (that I already use for guile) with racket. More
precisely, I am following an oline course at Coursera where DrRacket is used,
but I find DrRacket much less efficient than emacs+geiser.

I have (after a while ...) succeded in configuring my racket source code file
so that it is able to use racket's beginner language with this at the top of
the file:

#reader(lib "htdp-beginner-reader.ss" "lang")
((modname my-example)
 (read-case-sensitive #t)
 (teachpacks ())
 (htdp-settings #(#t constructor repeating-decimal #f #t none #f ())))

(require 2htdp/image)
(require 2htdp/universe)

There may be a more proper way to do that, so I am open to suggestions!

The problem I am facing now is that I don't know how to run tests within the
file which use check-expect:

(check-expect (most-recent-movie M1 M2) M2)

In DrRacket, when I "run" the file, the tests get executed and I can see the
results of the tests.

Is there a way to do that with geiser?

I don't understand how "languages" in racket work, so I am surely missing
something here.

Thank you very much for your help.

Garjola