geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] feature missed in geiser-repl

From: Darren Hoo
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] feature missed in geiser-repl
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 01:54:51 +0800

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, May 21 2013, Darren Hoo wrote:
>
>> Slime REPL has a feature that if you put the point over the old repl
>> input  then hit enter, the old repl input will be yanked into the repl
>> again to the end of the comint buffer. I find it is very convenient way
>> of going through the repl input  history besides cycling through the
>> history using keybindings M-n and M-p.
>>
>> How about adding this feature to geiser-repl?
>
> I like it: your patch is in!  Thanks a lot.

Thanks for your quick response.

I have another question about the REPL. Geiser REPL buffer has font lock
which I really like. However once the input is sent to Guile, the  font
lock is gone.  Is this the intended behaviour or just because it is
how comint does ? ('cos after I fooled around comint I suspect it is its
default behavior).