geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] iterative process not finishing

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] iterative process not finishing
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 02:12:02 +0200

On Sun, Apr 14 2013, Aleix Conchillo Flaqué wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I've just checked, and it works for me...it's also almost immediate.
>> Actually, in the REPL there's little done by Geiser itself, it's
>> comint-mode doing most of the job.  What happens if you  M-x run-scheme
>> and try it? (That uses a plain emacs inferior scheme, with nothing to do
>> with Geiser)
>>

> It works. I've tried M-x run-guile and then in the REPL:

M-x run-guile starts Geiser's REPL too (it's run-scheme, which comes
with stock Emacs, the one that starts a non-geiser one).  So, if this is
working, when is it not working?

[...]

> After how much time geiser gives up? Is there any public variable for
> that? 0.8s seems very little time to me.

In the REPL there's no timeout, it's when you evaluate expressions in a
buffer that we have one, and anyway it's 30s, so it's not a timeout
almost for sure.

jao
--
Who knows what Columbus would have discovered if America hadn't got in the
way. -Stanislaw J. Lec, poet and aphorist (1909-1966)